Santiago de Compostela, as a World Heritage City, has loads of things to do or see that should not be overlooked by our clients. Here are just some of the many leisure options:
- Visit to the Santiago Cathedral Rooftops with guaranteed departure. More info.
- Tickets to the Santiago Cathedral Museum (permanent collection), excavations, “Pórtico de la Gloria,” Crypt, rooftops or combined visits. More info.
- Guided tour of the old town in Spanish, with guaranteed departure every day of the year, by professionals belonging to the Galician Guides Association. More info.
- Guided tour of Santiago University heritage. More info and bookings.
- Every Friday at 7.30 pm, exhibition of the “Botafumeiro”(large censer) in Santiago Cathedral. More info.
- Exclusive service for customised trips for small groups with specialised guides and our own fleet of vehicles. More info.
- Rental of mp3 audio-guide available in 6 languages, to explore the old town at your leisure. More info.
Sightseeing is a section especially designed by “Pousadas de Compostela” for the enjoyment of all our clients. It consists of a series of suggested routes around Santiago de Compostela and trips around Galicia, so nobody can say that there is nothing to do or see.
These are some of our suggestions.
Recommendation!!! Download the “Pousadas de Compostela” app (Android-Apple) so that you do not miss any points of interest in the suggested routes and trips, thanks to the geo-location maps on your mobile.
Sightseeing in Santiago de Compostela
Santiago is a city featuring treasures that should not be ignored by “Pousadas’” clients; you can enjoy some of them in these itineraries around the city of Santiago.
Contemporary Architecture Route
Route around squares, “rúas” and secluded spots.
Route around Santiago Cathedral and its squares
Circuits/Routes by Car
Sightseeing around Galicia
Heritage gems of Galicia’s civil and religious architecture, natural treasures, exceptional landscapes, mythical places, a seafaring culture, beautiful beaches, gastronomy and places for unwinding are some of the suggestions that we have designed especially for our clients, so that they can take a little bit of Galicia away with them.
The suggested routes are full-day excursions, which are easy to follow on your own. In some cases, we suggest restaurants in order to guide our clients. However, we recommend that you check beforehand to make sure they fit in with your budget and tastes.
A Coruña-Artabro Gulf Excursion